Buy Business Mastery - 'The Books' Tickets
There are no tickets currently on sale for this event
If you'd like to be notified when more become available enter your email address below.
BUSINESS MASTERY – ‘The
How to use the accounts to grow your business
Your accounts contain a huge amount of information that can transform your business, if you know how to get at it. The skills you will need are easy to learn – they are practical, back-of-the-envelope techniques that you can use to make that transformation. This workshop is fully ‘hands on’ – you will learn the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’ and at the end of it you will be able to apply what you have learnt to your business immediately. The group will be small to make sure everybody gets individual coaching.
BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE
What you will learn
- What information is locked up in your P&L Account and Balance Sheet, and how to get at it
- Why knowing your breakeven point is essential, and how to find it
- The relationship of different types of costs to breakeven, and how to control them
- Why a focus on profit can be a danger, and how to avoid it
- Why profit must be planned, and how to do it
- The techniques for maximising profit, and how to use them
- That cash really IS king, and how to control it
- How to identify the financial levers and drivers, and use them to make your business grow
- The relationship of Cost-Price-Volume, and how to control it
- The jargon, demystified
What you will get
- 6 hours of hands-on tuition
- A full transcript of the day for future reference
- A Questions and Answers book for additional ‘practice’
- One-hour interactive group webinar to help fix the skills
- 2 x 30-minute follow-up calls to help you embed the skills in your work
and, of course, a stronger skill set, greater confidence and better decision making.
What others say
A great tutor with a lot of knowledge and experience, Philip makes the whole financial side of business seem simple. AV
Over a 20-year career in the Army I have been taught by many great instructors and Philip is certainly one of the best. I would highly recommend any course where he is the instructor. He is that good. DS
Philip is brilliant at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand and achieves this by simplifying apparently complex ideas. PS
I was really impressed with Phil’s knowledge – phenomenal and clearly explained for those of us with little practical hands-on experience of business finance. CR
Phil explained the content very well and at a manageable pace. SD
The course was truly excellent – world class. NH
Philip's teaching methods were excellent. He made certain that everyone understood and was comfortable with a point before he would move on. GE
Philip’s energy and humour made what could have been a very dry subject interesting and engaging. ADS
Who is Philip Avery?
I have been working with organisations of all sizes and sectors for rather longer than I care to remember! In that time, I have developed proven business analysis and training techniques which I use to help organisations embed the managerial skills necessary to ensure their continued strength, stability and competitive advantage in ever more demanding environments.
Most of the training has been ‘in-house’ but these are skills that all managers need. So, for the first time, I have decided to offer them generally to anybody who is serious about developing their business skills.
I have worked with and trained senior managers of organisations of all sectors and sizes including EDF, South West Water, John Deere, National Trust, HP, RNIB, BT and legal practices, football clubs, hotels and restaurants, small retail groups and pharmaceutical companies.